A2 Production; SWITCH

Monday 29 November 2010

Empire Magazine



This is an example of a review page from Empire magazine. Empire is a popular and very well known magazine for film reviews and up to date information on the latest relaeases.
I chose this to use as an example of inspiration for my own film review as the layout of the page is clear and looks realistic for a film magazine. In addition to this, the film being reviewed at the top of the page is alled "Due Date" and it has two characters that can relate to the double act in my own film. They haven't been friends for years - actually the exact opposite - but their relationship is very similar to that of Frank and Charlie's. Meaning one has brains and the other really doesn't.
I have seen the film due date and found it hilarious so i don't completely agree with all of the opinions of this particular critic, but maybe that's more my dark sense of humour. To learn from this review i annotated it and decoded the essentials so i can ensure i incorporate these into my own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment